Monday, August 19, 2013

GOTCHA DAY!

Today was the day that every adoptive mother waits for, the day that she is able to finally pick up her child from his orphanage and take him away, FOREVER!  Today was a very peaceful day, I feel like that must have been thanks to the prayers of hundreds of friends and family members.  We woke up a bit late because our wake up call never came....however, we still made it out the door on time.

 

The drive to Pleven was beautiful as always.  When we arrived at the orphanage, another family was standing out front, the mother told me that our kids were both waiting outside when she arrived.  I could see Simon and his Baba inside so I walked right in.  We spent more time than I thought we would, talking to the director, a nurse and of course, his baba.  We asked more questions and took tons of photos and a few videos.  Simon's Baba seemed to love the necklace I gave her with Simon's picture inside.  She is SO SWEET, she filled the bag we had left behind, with not only everything we left with her but also MORE CLOTHES, a toy and some food :)  For some reason, they did not change him into clothes that we brought them.  I don't know if it is because I never asked them to or what?  I always thought they would just demand that I hand them the clothes and they would change him.  I felt kind of bad when we left the orphanage with cute PINK shoes :)  So this is why there aren't very many photos of him in his special gotcha day shirt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

opps who is this?  How did this cute little child get into my photos? 

 

Me giving Milka the locket :)  (no I never found the one I lost, sigh)

 

 

 

 

it was hard watching her say goodbye

 

she really loves him...bless her heart.

 

 

 

 





The current orphange director, please keep praying for her!!!  It is working!!!



if you see this woman around the orphanage, HUG HER!!!!



YES!!!!!!  He is ours!!!!



So then we said goodbye, Simon left the orphanage for the last time.  He did incredible in the car!  Jon sat next to him and fed him.  It was sweet.  I thought about how when you are a bio-mom, the hubby NEVER gets to do the first feeding, so I thought it was nice that Jon was able to feed him first.  (I also get car sick so it was best that I stay facing forward!) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people can no longer terrify them.  Psalm 10:18


We have spent most of the day feeding Simon, as it takes him a long time to eat.  Then Jon and I gave him a bath.  Which seemed to be going well, ie, he wasn't acting like it was bothering him, he didn't make a noise.  But afterwards, I had him wrapped in a very soft towel I brought with me, I was rocking him, and then thought, gee I better put a diaper on him.  Then I realized he was all tensed up :(  He wouldn't even move his legs down so I could get the diaper on.  So keep praying for this poor boy.  He is very hard to look at his legs or his upper arms.

But he has spent the day getting more and more comfortable with us.  He has eaten like a champ and his has been laughing and smiling!  I hope and pray that this pattern continues!

Blessings to you!  THANK YOU 

14 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! And seeing the picture of him and his baba made me laugh because I just remember her shaking her hand at me to stay away from him lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO happy to hear that he is laughing and smiling and EATING!! What an answer to prayer.

    Can you tell that I am totally internet stalking you??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to change the caption on the side from "Our future son Simon" to "Our awesome son Simon"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day and a beautiful child! His smile must just melt your hearts. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so beautiful to read and the pictures are stunning. I'm thankful for your family and hope Simon's transition into your life is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I look forward to meeting Simon!! Praying for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!! Loving all of these pictures! Praying for your week in the hotel...with vivid memories of how it was for us at exactly this time last year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait until his legs look like our Mosie's chunky legs. Simon is so precious! PRAISE GOD!!! Sending ALL our LOVE with (((HUGS))) and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. TEARS FLOWING FREELY HERE IN VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SHIRT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tears of JOY flowing here, too!!!!! Oh thank You God for Your redemption!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! Safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete